Monday, April 1, 2013

Week One EOC: Great Customer Service


I remember when I decided to stay at the Queen Mary for my vacation in Long Beach. From the moment we stepped foot into the lobby, we were greeted by the staff and everyone was very friendly. The check in was quick and easy, and the man at the front desk was very informative. Upon entering our room, I decided to hit the shower, I saw a couple ants on the bathroom wall, but I didn’t think much of it. The next morning when we woke up, the bedside table was almost absolutely covered in ants. On our way out, we notified the front desk about the problem and the man said they’d take care of it. Later that afternoon we returned to our room, and there were still ants in there. The man at the front desk couldn’t explain it, he apologized and upgraded our room for free, plus he gave us a voucher for $100 to spend anywhere in the ship. Our upgraded room was amazing, we fell in love immediately and almost wanted to spend our entire vacation in it. Because of such friendliness, I wasn’t mad about the situation; I would have been completely satisfied by just switching rooms. Needless to say, we very much enjoyed the rest of our stay, and even got to dine in one of the fancy restaurants in the ship, with our voucher. Like Zappos Ceo, Tony Hsieh once said, “Our whole goal at Zappos is for the Zappos brand to be about the very best customer service and customer experience.” (Page 3). And our customer service and experience was definitely outstanding. Since then, I have stayed at the Queen Mary many times; I always bring new people with me and they all love it just as much. There is nothing better than great customer service, and the feeling of being treated exceptionally well. I will definitely return to the Queen, again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment