Monday, April 1, 2013

Week One EOC: My Voice



My name is Leslie Gomez and I am a video producer. I work in a professional environment, usually as a part of a team. I set up lighting and cameras at the angles which work best for the shots. There is no correct way to do what I do. I have to carry heavy expensive equipment and be able to move around and change locations constantly. Pre-production is a very important process, if I mess up, I can’t always fix it in post-production. Post production is also quite important; my favorite part of the whole process is, editing. I spend many hours a day editing footage. It is a very tedious job, I have to watch the same shots over and over again, and look for ways to make it better. I really enjoy the editing process because that’s when you see it all come together. Every edit made makes a huge difference, and it’s a very rewarding feeling to see my edits complete the film. There are so many people involved in making one film, and I absolutely love being a part of that. I am not limited to the amount of jobs I can do in my career, and each of those jobs is just as exciting.  I know that with my dedication and hard work, I will become a great video editor.

No comments:

Post a Comment